Cooked up in only 5 minutes, this Mushroom and Chicken Keto Salad is the perfect light meal, served with a delicious chive and lemon dressing for an extra kick!
For the salad:
200g baby chestnut mushrooms, halved
6 chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
2 tbsp olive oil
150g mixed leaf salad
1 stick celery, finely sliced
1 small red onion, finely sliced
10 radishes, finely sliced
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
50g blanched almonds, chopped
For the dressing:
100g low fat mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic, crushed
20g fresh chives, finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely slice the chicken into small strips.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chicken and mushrooms. Fry for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms are golden and the chicken is cooked through then set aside to cool.
- Place the salad leaves onto a large serving plate. Sprinkle over the celery, onion and radishes and add the avocado.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together with 2-3 tbsp water, until you reach a pouring consistency.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken to the salad, drizzle on the dressing and finish with a sprinkle of almonds.