Chia seeds are a great way of thickening and enriching a dish. Dark chocolate adds a sophisticated note, while shop-bought custard ensures this deliciously rich and creamy pudding is quick and easy to make.
500g light custard
100ml whole milk
1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out
30g good quality cocoa powder
50g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1 tbsp granulated sweetener
4 tbsp chia seeds
- Pour the custard and milk into a saucepan and add the vanilla pod and seeds, cocoa powder, dark chocolate and sweetener.
- Place over a medium-low heat, whisking gently until the chocolate is completely melted – this will only take a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the vanilla pod.
- Add the chia seeds to the chocolate mixture and whisk again until well combined.
- Divide half the raspberries between 4 small jars or glasses. Spoon the chia mixture into the glasses and place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- Pile the remaining raspberries on top of the puddings to serve.
Lose Weight & Get Fit by Tom Kerridge, published by Bloomsbury