Taking influence from the east, this Miso Chicken Slaw Salad is well worth the wait. Marinated to perfection, the chicken and salad collaboration is my-so good!
2 chicken breasts
1-2tbsp miso paste*
1tbsp sesame oil*
1tbsp rice vinegar*
For the Salad
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
1-2 beetroot, grated
¼ cabbage, grated
Fresh coriander, chopped
- Combine the miso, oil, rice vinegar and honey and marinate the chicken breasts in the fridge for 1hour minimum.
- When ready to eat, preheat the oven to 200°. Bake the chicken breasts in an oven-proof dish for around 20-30 minutes, until cooked through. You can pan sear them first for a few minutes on each side to get a little colour if desired. Allow them to rest for 5 minutes once they come out of the oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare your salad. Toss all the grated ingredients together in a bowl before adding them on top of a base of watercress alongside the spring onions.
- Slice the chicken breast and lay on top of your salad.
- Sprinkle everything with the coriander and sesame seeds.
Recipe from www.thewasabicompany.co.uk