A noodle bowl full of spice and goodness.
- 300g red curry paste
- 100ml cooking oil
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp brown soft sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 200ml fish stock
- 400ml coconut cream
- 300g smoked salmon, roughly chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 small handful coriander
- 3 tbsp peanuts, lightly crushed in a pestle and mortar
- 300g vermicelli noodles, blanched in boiling water and refreshed in cold water
- 1 lime
- Fry the curry paste in the oil and then add the curry powder. Fry for eight to ten minutes, moving all the time.
- Soft boil and peel your eggs – an average sized egg takes five minutes cooking time on a rolling boil. Once peeled, leave them aside at room temperature.
- Add the sugar into the paste and continue to cook for two minutes until the paste goes darker, then add the fish sauce and the fish stock and bring back to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the coconut cream and bring to a simmer. Check seasoning as you may wish for a little more sugar or fish sauce to taste.
- Lastly drop the smoked salmon into the curry and serve in a bowl with the cooked noodles. Pour the hot curry over the noodles to heat them.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of coriander, crushed peanuts, the soft boiled eggs ripped in half and dribbling into the curry and a wedge of lime to squeeze over for freshness.
Recipe by www.egginfo.co.uk