Recipes provided by The Bottle Club
Whether you’re toasting in Chinese New Year, or just a fan of Asian flavours, you’re sure to love these cocktails!
This is a sweet, smooth cocktail with a tangy twist. Based on Appleton Estate Rum, giving you a fruity, citrus flavour, complemented by Cointreau, Luxardo Maraschino liqueur, lemon and grenadine, it is an exciting drink to evoke the new year festive spirit.
- 60ml Appleton Estate V/X Rum
- 7ml Cointreau
- 7ml Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15ml Simple Syrup
- 7ml Grenadine
- 1 egg hite
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- Add all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake.
- Then add ice and shake again until nice and frothy.
- Double strain the mixture into a fizz glass or a ball glass with ice cubes before garnishing with an orange wheel and a straw.
CHINESE 5-SPICED DARK ‘N’ STORMY
If you like the original Dark ’n’ Stormy, then you’ll love this seasonal take with a spicy twist.
An easy-to-make cocktail with a refreshing trio of rum, ginger beer and lime. However, to make it an extra special new year celebration, you’ll need to give the rum base a shakeup.
- 60ml Chinese 5 Spiced Rum (ingredients in the method below)
- Chilled ginger beer, to top
- Lime wedge, to garnish
- To make the rum, use a funnel and add 1 teaspoon of Chinese five-spice powder to a 750 ml bottle of Kracken Black Spiced Rum, and shake vigorously.
- Leave it to set for at least one hour or ideally overnight.
- Strain the rum through a coffee filter set inside of a large strainer into a bowl, then funnel back into the original bowl and label.
- Top the rum with ginger beer in a chilled collins glass, before garnishing with a lime wedge.
Heat is one of the biggest cocktail trends for 2021 and this martini cocktail with a tangy twist of ginger will certainly tantalise your taste buds. Based with Ketel One Citrus Vodka accompanied by a Chinese favourite Kwai Feh Lychee Liqueur, you get a nice balance of the yin and the yang.
- 2 slice of root ginger
- 60ml Ketel One Citroen Vodka
- 30ml Kwai Feh Lychee Liqueur
- 15ml lime juice
- 7.5 ml Monin Ginger Syrup
- “Muddle” (press the ingredients against the side of the glass with a muddler) the ginger at the bottom of your shaker.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients before shaking with ice.
- Strain into a chilled glass.
ORANGE OASIS CHINESE COCKTAIL
This delicious fruity cocktail recipe features orange juice, cherry brandy & gin, pairing perfectly with all the delicacies Chinese new year has to offer from chicken dumplings to fresh fish.
This recipe can also be made into a fruity mocktail by simply taking out the gin and swapping the cherry brandy for a Monin Cherry Syrup.
- 120ml orange juice
- 15ml cherry brandy
- 30ml gin
- Ginger ale
- Cherry and mint, to garnish
- Fill your glass and your cocktail shaker with ice for chilling.
- Set the glass to one side and mix the brandy, gin and orange juice and shake well in the cocktail shaker.
- Strain into your glass and fill with ginger ale.
- Finish with cherry and mint for garnish (optional).
THE OPIUM COCKTAIL
(Image by https://mixthatdrink.com/the-opium-cocktail/)
This drink created by Opium Cocktail bar reflects that fusion by combining Cuban cocktail ingredients with Asian flavours, making it a fascinating concoction.
For those who enjoy a whisky, this cocktail is ideal, based with Michter’s U.S. Number 1 Bourbon Whiskey, and freshly-squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice, tamarind syrup, lemon juice and poppy seed for a surprisingly refreshing flavour.
- 60ml Michter’s Bourbon
- 15ml Tamarind Syrup
- 22ml Red Grapefruit Juice
- 7ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Drops of Poppy Seed Tincture
- Poppy Seeds
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice before adding the bourbon, grapefruit juice, lemon juice and tamarind.
- Once shaken thoroughly, pour the mixture into an ice-filled glass and garnish with the poppy seeds and tincture.