This is an excellent family friendly meal that combines delicious Partridge breasts with lashings of rich creamy stroganoff sauce. Really easy to make and tastes delicious when served with pasta. Packed with protein and iron which is ideal as we approach the colder months.
- 18 partridge breasts, cut into strips
- 500g mafalde pasta ribbons
- 500g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 200g spinach
- 150 ml greek yoghurt
- 150 ml crème fraiche
- 75ml brandy
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Slice the shallots, mushrooms and Partridge breasts then place to one side.
- Pour 1 tbsp olive oil into a large frying pan and place over a medium heat. Add the shallots and mushrooms to the pan and let them soften for 5 minutes.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook pasta as per guideline. Drain the pasta then return it to the pan and cover before placing to one side.
- Add the sliced breasts to the pan and brown them for 5 minutes before adding the brandy. Cook off some of the alcohol before adding the mustard, yoghurt and crème fraiche. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and let the sauce thicken, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
Recipe by Coombe Farm Organics