Recipe by California Walnuts
Scientific research suggests California Walnuts may offer benefits to your heart. California Walnuts are the only tree nut to contain a significant amount of the plant-based omega-3, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), 2.7g/ 30g, that the body needs but can only get from food and which helps maintain normal blood cholesterol levels.
WALNUT MUESLI BAKED NECTARINES
- 4 ripe nectarines, halved and stoned
- 50g California Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g raisins
- 25g oats
- 4 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the nectarine halves cut side up in a roasting tin so they fit quite snuggly.
- Mix together the walnuts, raisins, oats and honey and spoon over the nectarines. Add 4 tbsp boiling water to the bottom of the tin and bake for 20 minutes until tender and golden.
- Serve with Greek yogurt.
COOK’S TIP: Swap the raisins for other dried fruit such as apricots, sultanas or dates.
If you’re looking for more breakfast inspiration, try this recipe for coconut, turmeric quinoa porridge