Recipe by Macknade
CHICKEN AND WILD GARLIC
- Oil for pan
- 50g well-seasoned flour
- 3 chicken legs
- 100ml cream
- 250g mushrooms, halved
- 2 cloves of smoked garlic, finely sliced
- a handful of wild garlic
- 400ml chicken stock
- Sicilian lemon zest, to taste
- a splash of white wine
- a handful of tarragon, chopped
- Add oil to pan over a medium to high heat.
- Coat the chicken legs in well-seasoned flour.
- Put the chicken legs in the pan and brown thoroughly.
- Once browned, remove the chicken and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the sliced garlic and mushrooms. Cook until soft then deglaze the pan with a good splash of white wine.
- Return chicken legs to pan and cover to three-quarters with hot chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for 25-30minutess or until legs are cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from pan and add the cream and tarragon.
- Simmer until the sauce is thickened, the return the chicken to pan with a good handful of fresh wild garlic.
- Heat through for a couple more minutes before sprinkling with fresh lemon zest and pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread.
For more recipes with wild garlic, click here