Bring the wow factor to the table with this impressive dessert!
CHOCOLATE & PECAN PIE
- 270g oats
- 100g ground almonds
- 100ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 100ml coconut oil
- 1 tin of coconut cream (left in the fridge overnight)
- 160g vegan chocolate
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4.
- Using the Dualit Hand Blender’s wand attachment place the oats in a bowl and blend until a flour consistency is formed.
- Combine the oat flour, ground almonds, maple syrup and melted coconut oil in a bowl. Using the whisk attachment, blend until the mixture comes together, then gently knead with your hands until an oat dough is formed.
- Press the mixture firmly down in your tart tin and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Open the tin of coconut cream place and drain so you use only the bits which have set.
- Heat the coconut cream, melted chocolate and maple syrup over the hob on a low heat. Gently pulse the Hand Blender’s whisk attachment until the mixture is combined.
- Take the pastry base out of the oven and allow to completely cool, then pour the chocolate mix on top. Decorate with pecans and cacao nibs and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
If chocolate’s your thing, click here for another super chocolate-y dessert