- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp plant-based butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 banana shallots, finely diced
- 1 garlic glove, grated
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / Fan 180ºC / Gas 6. Thinly slice the sweet potatoes.
- Mix together the melted butter and oil and use a little of it to grease a round oven-proof dish, large enough to fit the potatoes in snugly.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining butter and olive oil, with the shallots, garlic and thyme.
- Season generously with sea salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add the sliced potatoes and mix together so the slices are all coated.
- Stack the slices of potato together then arrange in a spiral shape within the prepared oven-proof dish.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until tender and crispy on top.
Recipe from www.seasonalspuds.com