Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 minutes soaking
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 medium courgettes, grated
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 20g watercress finely chopped
- 2tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2tbsp dill, chopped
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 200g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 60-80 ml olive oil for frying
FOR DILL YOGURT DIP
- 200g full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 20g dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Begin with the dip, mix all the ingredients together and set aside in the fridge.
- For the fritters, add the courgette to a colander, sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and set aside in a sink for 30 minutes.
- Gather the courgette in your hands and squeeze out all the excess moisture, you are aiming to get as much out as possible.
- Add to a large bowl with the onions, watercress and herbs, mix well before adding the feta.
- Add the eggs and fold the mixture together, trying to maintain a little integrity in the feta pieces. Finally sift over the flour and baking powder and mix until homogenous.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan until hot. Add tablespoons of the mix and cook for 2 minutes each side. As they cook, remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with the dip
Recipe from Suze Morrison in conjunction with The Watercress Company.