Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 240g cooked basmati rice, cold
- 400g firm tofu, grated
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- A large handful of green beans, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch radish, thinly sliced
- 200g tender stem broccoli
- 50g watercress
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1/4 tsp tumeric, ground
- 2 tbsp kecap manis or 2 tbsp soy and 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp soy
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp Sambal Oelek/ chilli paste
- Coriander, crispy shallots and lime wedges to serve
- Begin with the lime. Cut into 6 wedges and heat the grill to high. Grill the wedges until charred and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wok, fry the tofu until the moisture has evaporated and it becomes crisp. Scoop out, leaving the oil and set aside.
- Fry the spring onions for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the chili and turmeric and fry 2 minutes more.
- Add in the pepper, beans, radish and broccoli and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Now add the rice and tofu to the pan. Break up any large clumps and combine all the ingredients thoroughly. You need to make sure the rice is piping hot all the way through.
- Add the kecap manis, soy, tomato puree and the juice of two of the charred lime wedges. Stir though before adding the sambal oelek. Stir through the watercress
- Divide the hot rice between 4 dishes, top with coriander, crispy shallots and extra charred limes.
Recipe from Suze Morrison in conjunction with The Watercress Company.