Recipe by Mutti
- 300g halloumi cheese, cut into strips
- 1 onion, finely chopped.
- 1 tbsp Mutti double concentrated
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 100ml water
- 100ml cooking cream
- 200g champignon mushroom, sliced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh grated lemon zest
- fresh basil leaves, to serve
- olive oil, for frying
- salt and pepper, to season
- Fry strips of halloumi in a little oil in a hot pan, Remove the cheese from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan, and fry the onion until golden. Add the mushroom and cook, without moving, until browned on one side – around 3 to 5 minutes. Stir and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until mostly golden brown on all sides. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in butter, thyme and lemon zest. Cook until the butter absorbs into mushrooms, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, 100ml of water, Mutti double concentrated, cream, Dijon mustard and smoked paprika and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the halloumi strips and stir gently so the halloumi is coated in the sauce.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil.