Recipe by Gressingham
Steak and chips done the Gressingham way. Best enjoyed with creamy homemade mayonnaise and dressed watercress.
- 2 Gressingham duck breasts
- 200g chips or fries
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Dry the duck breasts well with kitchen roll. Score the skin on each duck breast six to eight times and season well on both sides. Place the duck into a cold frying pan with no oil, skin side down on a low to medium heat.
- Cook the duck breasts for about 6 to 8 minutes until the skin is golden and crisp, carefully pouring off any excess fat into a bowl as the duck cooks. Turn the breast over and seal the meat for 30 seconds, then transfer the breasts to a baking tray and place in the preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or longer if you prefer duck well cooked.
- When the duck is cooked to your liking, remove it from the oven and leave in a warm place to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. While the duck is resting, put your fries or chips on to cook, according to the instructions or your preferred method.
- When you are ready to eat, carve the duck into thick slices and serve with the fries or chips.