CHOCOLATE & VANILLA ETON MESS
- 175 ml double cream
- 1-2 tsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 300g strawberries or raspberries, chopped
- 4-5 mini meringues, crushed
- 2 Chocolate and Vanilla Cookies, crumbled into small pieces
To decorate (optional)
- 2 mini meringues
- 1 Chocolate and Vanilla Cookie, blitzed
- Fresh raspberries and strawberries, halved
- Pop two dessert glasses in the fridge to chill.
- Tip half of the chopped fruit into a bowl and set aside.
- Place the remaining half of your chopped strawberries or raspberries in a bowl and, using a stick blender, puree until you have a smooth sauce. (You could mash with a fork, if you don’t have a blender, for a slightly thicker texture.) Set aside
- Pour the double cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract into a small mixing bowl and whisk until you have soft peaks – take care not to over whisk. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Remove the glasses from the fridge.
- Start layering your desserts by piping a swirl of vanilla cream, followed by a sprinkling of chopped fruit, then the crushed meringue, a sprinkling of cookie crumble, followed by a swirl of fruit puree. Repeat until both glasses are full – you need the final layer to be vanilla cream.
- Place a mini meringue in the centre of the glass, sprinkle with the blitzed cookie crumbs and fresh fruit.
- Serve straight away.
For a romantic meal for two, try pairing this dessert with this main course