- 1kg wild boar sausages, skinned
- 150g ginger biscuits or Grasmere Gingerbread crumbed
- 2tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- Ground ginger
- Salt & pepper
- 4 bread rolls
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp chilli jam
- Place the meat from the sausages in to a bowl. Add your gingerbread crumbs and a little ground ginger to give it a little more bite.
- Place the whole coriander seeds in to a dry frying pan and heat until they start to crackle – this will really bring out the perfume of the seeds and increase the flavour. Cool and add to the wild boar meat.
- Chop the fresh coriander including the stalks finely and add to the mixture.
- Get your hands in and mix together. Roll into burgers and refrigerate until ready.
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Place the burgers in to the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side until firm or place them in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
We like to serve the burgers with chilli jam, dressed leaves with fresh coriander and finally a squeeze of lime to bring it all to life.