- 4 pheasant breasts
FOR THE MARINADE/SAUCE
- 6tbsp Gochujang chilli paste
- 4 tsp Gochugaro chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 6 tbsp lemonade
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp onion salt
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tsp minced ginger
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 300ml sauce
- 100ml marinade
- Thoroughly mix all the marinade/sauce inredients
- Put the pheasant breasts in a dish and pour on enough sauce/marinade to cover them (around 100ml). Leave for at least half an hour, or longer if possible (you can leave them overnight if you wish.)
- Put the rest of the sauce/marinade in a pan or store in the fridge if you’re marinating the pheasant overnight
- Remove the pheasant breasts from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Heat a grill pan or barbecue and cook the pheasant until done, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce/marinade that you set aside and bubble it gently for a few minutes until you have a shiny sauce.
- Serve the pheasant on rice topped with the sauce and spring onions.
Recipe by Wild and Game.