- 1 pack skinny sausages
- 4 brioche burger buns
FOR THE PEA HOUMOUS:
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained with 2 tbsp brine reseerved
- 2 tbsps tahini
- A handful of mint and chives
FOR THE SPICY BEETROOT SALSA:
- 500g raw fresh beetroot, cut into 1cm chuks
- 2-3 tbsps dill seeds
- 1 bramley apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 250g caster sugar
- 250ml red wine vinegar
- Grill the sausages on the barbecue until gently charred and cooked through.
- To make the pea houmous, cook the frozen peas in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and run under cold water, then drain again. In a food processor, whizz all but a handful of the peas with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth then fold through the remainin peas.
- To make the spicy beetroot salsa, place the beetroot in a saucepan with the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat and simmer slowly until the beetroot is tender, the liquid is reduced and sticky and the mix has a thick, jam like consistency.
- Grill your brioche buns and top the base with your chosen relish before arranging a layer of sliced sausages on top.
Recipe by Powters.