FOR THE RICE:
- 650 ml veg stock
- 250g long grain rice, rinsed well
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 40g asparagus/broccoli/spring greens, chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sloced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
FOR THE MANGO SALSA
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into cubes
- Fresh coriander and mint, shredded
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of sea salt flakes and chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Combine all ingredients into casserole dish & stir. Cover tightly with foil then bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime – on a medium heat fry the onion for 8 minutes with the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and spices and stir to combine.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sun-dried tomato paste and simmer for 6 minutes until the tomatoes have started to break down.
- Remove the rice from the oven and add the tomato mix to the rice – stir to combine.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes – or until the rice is tender.
- To make the salsa – Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Serve the salsa with the baked rice.