Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 12 curry leaves
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb ginger, minced
- 1/2 cauliflower, florets
- 1 small pumpkin, squash, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tsp tumeric, ground
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 400ml can cocnut milk, full fat
- 200g peas
- 50g watercress
- 20g coriander
- 10g mint
- Lemon wedges, toasted coconut and rice to serve
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large pan. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and cumin seeds and cook for 1-2 minutes or until they sizzle.
- Add the onions and cook for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Add in the garlic, chilli and ginger and mix until fragrant. Tumble in the pumpkin and cauliflower along with the spices and stir to coat.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until toasted then pour in the coconut milk.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Blend the watercress, coriander and mint with a splash of water to form a paste.
- Stir this paste through the curry along with the peas. Cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce is rich, thick and fragrant.
- Taste and add salt and lemon juice to season.
- Serve topped with toasted coconut and extra herbs with lemon wedges on the side
Recipe by Suze Morrison for The Watercress Company.