Recipes by Dualit
According to Google Trends data, there has been a 100% rise in searches for ‘Healthy breakfast recipes’ this week, as for many of us, it’s easy to miss out on a nutritional breakfast when we’re rushing about in the morning.
Often hailed as the most important meal of the day, we need a breakfast that is not only high in nutritional value but will keep us fuller for longer. With #smoothie being used over 11.8 million times on Instagram, iconic British kitchen brand, Dualit has a selection of quick, delicious and healthy smoothie recipes.
For those lacking in Vitamin D this winter, why not try Dualit’s Sunshine Smoothie recipe to brighten up the morning. Vitamin D helps the body to absorb calcium and phosphate – essential minerals that are important for healthy bones, teeth and muscles. For many, the primary source of Vitamin D is from exposure to sunlight. However, the Winter months bring shorter days, longer nights and low temperatures meaning one is not outside as often to take in sufficient amounts of Vitamin D. This Sunshine Smoothie is sure to give a much needed boost all in a tasty drink! This smoothie is made with the Dualit 700W Hand Blender.
- 240ml sweetened almond milk
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- ½ a medium banana
- 1 small peach or 2 apricots (stone removed)
- Add the washed spinach to the large Blending Beaker of the Dualit 700W Hand Blender, along with half of a banana.
- Cut the peach or apricots into chunks and add this to the blending beaker.
- Pour in the almond milk and use the Blender Shaft to blitz all the ingredients into a smooth drink.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
GREEN GIANT SMOOTHIE
Made with the help of the Dualit 700W Hand Blender, this green smoothie recipe is great for the digestion and immune system, and makes for a filling nutritious breakfast. This smoothie can also be combined with ice and blended using Dualit’s VortecS Blender.
- 2 medium apples (skin on, stalk and pips removed)
- 2 medium pears (skin on, stalk and pips removed)
- 1 handful of baby spinach leaves
- 400ml coconut water, water or apple juice
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Cut the apples and pears into evenly sized pieces, ensuring that the stalk, pips and core have been removed, and place into the large blending beaker of the Dualit 700W Hand Blender.
- Add the washed baby spinach and your choice of liquid (coconut water, water or apple juice), alongside the chopped ginger.
- Use the Dualit 700W Hand Blender to blend the ingredients together until your green smoothie is completely smooth.
- Pour into a serving glass with ice and drink immediately.
RED VELVET SMOOTHIE
This velvety smoothie is a blend of pink and red fruits and vegetables. From Vitamin C, A, B9, Potassium, Manganese and antioxidants known as polyphenols, this health packed smoothie is the perfect breakfast drink, made with the help of the Dualit 700W Hand Blender.
- a 200g punnet of strawberries
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- ½ a sweet red pepper
- 1 small baby beetroot (cooked)
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 500ml apple juice
- 1 tsp natural honey or agave
- Add the strawberries, raspberries, red pepper and beetroot into the large blender jug of the Dualit 700W Hand Blender.
- Add the apple juice and squeeze in the lime.
- Use the Blender Shaft to blend until super smooth.
- Add a teaspoon of honey or agave syrup only to sweeten the smoothie slightly – adjust this amount to your own personal preference.
If you like fruity breakfast, you’ll love this recipe for walnut baked nectarines