Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1kg fluffy potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 200g parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 100g butter
- 60g whipping cream
- 30g watercress, finely chopped
- Add the potatoes to a large pan of cold salted water.
- Bring to the boil and boil until just tender (about 12-15 minutes)
- Drain and arrange on a wire rack to steam for 10 minutes, this will remove excess moisture and prevent gloopy mash.
- Meanwhile add the butter, cream and mustard to the warm pan and allow to melt.
- Add the potatoes and parsnips and mash with a fork. Swap to a handblender and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the watercress, taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve straight away.
Recipe by Suze Morrison for the Watercress Company.