Recipe by Lizi’s
Buttery mushrooms are layered with potatoes and meltingly good cheese and topped with a moreish granola crunch in this delicious mushroom granola traybake.
Serve as a tasty side dish, or add a simple salad to make a cosy supper!
MUSHROOM GRANOLA TRAYBAKE
- 2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- squeeze of lemon juice
- thyme, to taste
- salt and pepper, to season
- 50g butter
- 50g gruyere, coarsely grated
- 50g Parmesan or strong Cheddar, finely grated
- 500g potatoes (scrubbed but skin left on), thinly sliced with a grater
- 100g Lizi’s Original Granola
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Place a frying pan on the hob over a medium heat. While the pan heats finely chop the onion and mushrooms.
- Add the oil to the pan along with the onion, and cook until it starts to soften.
- Add the mushrroms, salt and pepper and butter. Cook until softened. Remove fromt he heat and set to one side.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and cook in a pan of salted boiling water for around 10 minutes or until soft. When cooked, drain gently.
- PLace half the cooked potatoes into an ovenproo baking dish. Add in half the onion and mushroom mix. Sprinkle with some thyme, salt and pepperm a knob of butter and a little squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add the remaining potatoes and mushrooms on top. Add some more herbs and season.
- Bake on a low shelf in the preheated oven for around 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully lift out the oven, spread the Lizi’s Original Granola on top and then add the cheese on top of that.
- Turn the oven up to 200˚C and put the traybake back in the oven on a higher shelf.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top.
If you enjoyed this recipe, try one these mushroom-tastic recipes!