Aromatic risotto rice topped with a juicy Organic Chicken Breast
Recipe by Coombe Farm Organics
- 4x Organic Chicken Breasts
- 200g Organic Chorizo (Skinned and Sliced)
- 1 Bunch Coriander, Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Small Onion, Finely Chopped
- 150ml White Wine
- 800ml Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 30g Organic Butter
- 2x Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Pinch of Saffron
- 1x Red Chili, Finely Chopped
- 250g Risotto Rice
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 oC, gas mark 4.
- Warm a large pan, then add the Butter. Once bubbling, add the Organic Chicken Breast and brown on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the Organic Chicken Breasts on an oven tray and bake for 25 minutes, until the chicken breasts are golden, caremelised and super juicy on the inside.
- While the Organic Chicken is cooking, begin to make the risotto. Heat the Organic Chicken Broth in a pan.
- In a Sauté pan, cook the sliced Organic Chorizo for two minutes, until it’s slightly coloured and the oil melts away from it. Remove the Organic Chorizo and keep warm. Into the oil add the chopped onion and cook for one minute, stirring continuously, add the crushed garlic and risotto rice.
- Once the rice is coated with the oil, add the white wine, and increase the heat, stirring occasionally until the wine is absorbed into the rice. Now add the Saffron and the hot Organic Chicken Bone Broth a ladle at a time, stirring until absorbed before adding the next ladle.
- Once you’ve added all the Organic Chicken Bone Broth and the rice is cooked, add the Organic Chorizo, chilli, lemon juice and coriander, along with the juices from the Cooked Chicken roasting pan.
- Divide the risotto between four plates and place the Chicken Breast on top.