- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 2 medium waxy potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, picked
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 20g unsalted butter
- 100g cured chorizo sausage, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Grate the potato and dry in a clean tea towel. Try to squeeze out any excess starchy water before placing in a bowl with the onion, thyme, paprika and flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chorizo for around 1-2 minutes until it starts to release its oils. Add the butter, potato and onion and spread into a thin layer. Cook on a medium heat until it starts to brown, then break up and leave to brown again. This will take around 8-10 minutes.
- Make four wells in the potato mixture and crack in the eggs. Continue cooking until the whites have just started to set. Place under a preheated grill and cook until the whites are set. Garnish with some more fresh thyme.
Recipe by www.egginfo.co.uk