The perfect little bites to keep your guests entertained whilst you warm up the barbecue. They also make a great side for vegetarians..
- 1 corn cob, husk removed
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 30–35 round tortilla chips
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Cook the corn in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain the corn and let it sit for 2–3 minutes. Heat a griddle pan over medium–high heat. Brush the corn all over with oil and chargrill for 10–15 minutes, turning it regularly until it’s chargrilled in several places. Allow it to cool slightly, then slice off the kernels using a sharp knife.
- Quarter the tomatoes, then scoop out the seeds. Dice the flesh and place in a bowl with the corn kernels, avocado, coriander, lime juice and chilli. Combine gently.
- Arrange the corn chips in a single layer on a serving plate and top each one with a spoonful of filling. Serve with lime wedges.
A Moveable Feast by Katy Holder, published by Hardie Grant