Full of fresh and zingy flavours, these lovely little fishcakes are perfect as canapés, snacks and picnic basket-fillers.
- 120g basmati rice
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 tsp finely chopped red chilli
- 40g shallots or spring onions finely chopped
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g peeled prawns thawed if frozen, finely chopped
- 2 tsp lemongrass paste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Mix together the cooked rice, prawns, red curry paste, lemongrass paste, chilli, coriander and shallots or spring onions. Stir in the beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the compartments in a Silicone 24 Rectangle Mini Loaf Mould. Bake for 20-22 minutes until set. Cool in the mould for 15 minutes, then lift out carefully and cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe by www.lakeland.co.uk