This Mexican-inspired vegetarian feast will satisfy even the hungriest of appetites. Make the enchilada sauce in advance and you’ll have a quick mid-week meal for all the family.
- 3 large courgettes
- 80ml olive oil
- 2 trimmed corn cobs
- 8 x 20cm corn tortillas
- 400g canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 6 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 100g feta
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, extra
For the Enchilada sauce
- 800g canned tomatoes, crushed
- 375ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Half tsp ground chilli powder
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-assisted. Line an oven tray with baking parchment. Grease a 25cm x 30cm ovenproof dish.
- Cut courgettes in half lengthways then cut into long thin wedges. Place on tray; drizzle with half the oil. Roast 30 minutes until just tender; chop coarsely.
- Meanwhile make enchilada sauce. Process all the ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Brush corn with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Heat a griddle pan over medium-high heat. Cook corn, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes until golden and tender. Using a sharp knife, cut kernels from cobs.
- Reheat griddle pan over medium-high heat. Cook tortillas, for 30 seconds each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Combine courgettes, beans, coriander, half the corn kernels, half the feta, half the oregano and 125ml enchilada sauce in a large bowl.
- Divide filling evenly among warm tortillas; roll to enclose filling. Place tortillas in dish and brush with remaining oil. Spoon remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas, leaving 2cm at each end of enchiladas uncovered. Top with remaining feta and oregano.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and heated through. Serve topped with remaining corn and extra oregano.