- 2 tsp lightly toasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 aubergines, cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- A squeeze of lemon
- 60g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
1 Preheat the oven to 200°C/ Gas Mark 6.
2 Mix all the spices together and put to one side. Brush the sliced aubergine with olive oil, place on a baking tray and sprinkle over the spices. Season with the salt and pepper.
3 Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, turning over halfway, until tinged golden brown around the edges.
4 Mix the yoghurt with the tahini adding a squeeze of lemon, then dilute with a splash of water to create a good drizzling consistency.
6 Drizzle the aubergines with the tahini yogurt and pomegranate molasses. Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, chopped walnuts and flat leaf parsley to serve.
Recipe by California Walnuts