Fire up the BBQ Unusual because we have a whole range of lip-smacking, flamin’ good recipes that will make you rethink your barbecue menu this summer. BBQs aren’t just for meat eaters – this Brazilian potato dish is perfect for veggies and meat-eaters alike.
- 12 baby or new season potatoes
- 1 corn on the cob cut into 8 wheels
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 pineapple wedges
FOR THE SPICE MIX
- 1 tsp paprika
- Half tsp ground cumin
- Half tsp ground coriander
- Quarter tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cook the potatoes for approx. 5 mins and drain; the potatoes won’t be cooked at this stage.
- Take a skewer and thread a potato on followed by pieces of corn, pineapple and red onion, and repeat, finishing with a potato. Do this for the three remaining skewers.
- Mix all the spices together with the olive oil. Using a pastry brush, brush over the potatoes and vegetables. Cook under a preheated grill or on the BBQ until the potatoes are cooked, and the other vegetables are nicely charred.
- Serve with rice, salad and a little chilli sauce if you fancy.