This poached egg recipe is the perfect breakfast, brunch or even lunch recipe. With a sprinkling of fresh red chilli, this recipe will fire you up for the rest of the day…
- 1 tbsp fresh corn sliced off the cob
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 slice of sourdough
- Drizzle of avocado oil
- Handful of rocket
- 25g feta
- Couple of pinches of alfalfa sprouts
- Few slices of chilli
- Place a pan of water on the hob and bring to a bubble. While the water heats up, toast the corn in a dry frying pan for a couple of mins until a little browned, then set aside.
- Toast your sourdough and drizzle over a little avocado oil. Crack an egg into a small dish.
- Pour the vinegar into the pan of bubbling water. Carefully pour the egg into the bubbling water. Cook for 2 mins for a runny egg or a little longer for a more set yolk.
- Place the toast on a plate, top with the rocket and crumble over the feta. Add a pinch of alfalfa sprouts and scatter over the toasted corn.
- Lift the egg out of the pan with a slotted spoon and place on top of the toast.
- Top with a few more alfalfa sprouts. Scatter over the chilli slices and drizzle over a little more rich avocado oil. Finish with a good scattering of sea salt and a crack of pepper.