Makes 1 wreath to share
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
1/2 block feta cheese, crumbled until small
1 egg, beaten
For the watercress pesto:
2tbsp pine nuts
1 clove garlic
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°, line a baking tray with grease proof paper
2. Make your pesto by combining all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth – begin with about 50ml of olive oil and add more if needed to loosen the pesto.
3. Using a dinner plate, trim both sheets of pastry to a circle (you can save the excess to make some holly and berry decorations for the top!) Then, using a mug or pastry cutter, cut a small circle from the middle of each sheet – creating two matching donut shapes.
4. Spread a layer of watercress pesto on one of the pastry shapes – about a thumb’s width in from the edge. Then sprinkle the feta over the top.
5. Lay the other pastry sheet over top and line them up until they match. Press the edges together to seal and brush all with the beaten egg.
6. Leaving a thin border in the middle of the wreath, cut 16 strips from the centre out to the edge. Twist each strip over twice, repeat on all the other strips, twisting in the same direction each time.
7. Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe from www.thewatercresscompany.com