Sprouts often get a bad rep and divide the crowd, especially at Christmastime. This simple recipe is sure to be a hit for all; it’s indulgent, but packed with flavour and satisfaction. The slight sour/sharpness of Manchego cheese combines with the spicy, smokiness of chorizo, which both complement the sprouts.
- 700g Brussels sprouts
- 150g Manchego cheese
- 200g smoked chorizo
- 50ml double cream
- fresh rosemary, stripped from stalk & chopped
- fresh thyme, stripped from stalk
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Cut away the woody stems of the bases of the sprouts, then cut each sprout in half. Peel away the skin from the chorizo and cut into 1cm chunks. Combine the sprouts and chorizo in a casserole dish or ovenproof skillet with a small splash of olive oil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then pour in the cream, rosemary and thyme, and mix. Slice the Manchego and layer on top of the sprouts.
- Return to the oven for a further 8-10 minutes. The sprouts should be cooked through and the cheese should be completely melted and slightly browned.
Recipe by www.riverford.co.uk