Recipe by The Protein Ball Company
PB&J BREAKFAST MUFFINS
Makes 7 muffins
For the muffins
- 200g bananas, mashed (2 medium-sized)
- 75g runny peanut butter
- 60ml agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 100g plain flour or GF plain flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 30g berry jam
- 1 x pack (45g) Peanut Butter Protein Balls, chopped in 1/8
- 10g mixed seeds
For the frosting (optional)
- 150g thick vegan yogurt
- 30g vanilla protein powder
- 1 pack (45g) Peanut Butter Protein Balls, chopped in ½
- 1 tbsp runny peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4 and line 7 muffin holes with cases.
- Mash the bananas and whisk together with the peanut butter, syrup, lemon juice and vanilla essence.
- ift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a second bowl. Pour the wet mix over and stir to a thick batter. Fold in the Peanut Butter Protein Balls.
- Fill each muffin case halfway, making a small dent, fill the hole with some of the jam and top with the remaining muffin batter.
- Smooth over the tops, sprinkle over the seeds and bake for 20-22 minutes until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from the tin and cool fully on a wire rack (or eat warm if you are not frosting them and store in an airtight container once cool).
- If frosting the muffins, stir/whisk together the yoghurt and protein powder until thick and smooth and pipe/spoon over the muffins. Top with the Peanut Butter Protein Balls and a drizzle of peanut butter. Store in an airtight container in the fridge if frosted.