- 4 hake fillets, deboned and skinned
- Vegetable oil
- Breadcrumbs to coat
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Seasonal veg and a lemon to garnish
- Spoonful of tartar sauce per person
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/ gas mark 5. Wash and dry the hake fillets.
- Pour a little oil into a large baking try, then place the hake fillets in the tray and gently turn over and around the oil to cover. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and then turn the fish fillets over and sprinkle more breadcrumbs over the other side.
- Season the breaded fillets with salt and pepper and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the crumbs are golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges, tartar sauce, seasonal veg and potatoes.
Recipe from Seafish