- 1 large cuttlefish
- 200g chorizo
- 1 red pepper cut into 2 cm, dice
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsps tomato puree
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tins of tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and diced
- 150ml white wine
- 250ml fish stock (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the cuttlefish tentacles just below the eyes and remove the mouth from the middle of the tentacles.
- Remove all the guts from inside the hood and remove the bone.
- Peel skin from outside the hood
- Cur the hood in half length ways, then into strips and cut tentacles in half.
- Sweat off the onions, garlic and chorizo in olive oil until soft, then add cuttlefish. Cook for 8 minutes, add white wine and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add diced peppers and tomato puree
- Place the tinned tomatoes in a liquidiser and blitz then pass through a strainer to get rid of the pips.
- Add the strained tomato juice and cook at a simmer for another 8 minutes, then add diced plum tomato and season
- If the sauce is a little thick, add some fish stock
- Simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the currlefish is tender, then serve.