Recipe by Miele
It deliciously difefrent way to enjoy hot cross buns (and great for using up any leftover buns post Easter!)
CHOCOLATE HOT CROSS BUN PUDDING
- Peel of ½ an orange
- 150ml double cream
- 150ml milk
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 50g good quality dark chocolate chips
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 hot cross buns, thinly sliced
- 50g butter
- 50g sugar
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 130˚C/Gas Mark 1.
- Butter one sie of the bun slices, cover and set to one side
- Add the orange peel, double cream, milk and vanilla bean paste in a saucepan and infuse for 10 minutes over a low to medium heat
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and dark chocolate
- Once the milk has infused, strain through a fine sieve into the egg and sugar mixture, ensuring to whisk the whole time so that the egg does not scramble
- Once you have your custard mix, start to assemble the pudding by layering the bun lsices with a sprinkling of chocolate chips, sugar and mixed spice between each layer. Keep the best bun slices for the top layer.
- Cook in the oven, checking the custrad consistency regularly.