Recipe by Discover Great Veg
CAVOLO NERO POTATO CAKES
- 800g floury potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 150g cavolo nero, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp flour
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- Mash well and season.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Stir the onions into the mashed potato with the Parmesan and allow to cool.
- Steam the cavolo nero for 4 minutes then stir into the potato mix.
- When just cold enough to handle, stir in the flour and mould into 8 rounds.
- Shallow fry in 2 batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and heated through.
- Serve with grilled bacon and salsa.
For another brunch recipe, click here