Recipe by British Lion Eggs
This clever recipe turns leftover pizza into a tasty breakfast!
BREAKFAST PIZZA WITH EGGS
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- a pinch of salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 slice of leftover pizza
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 25g cheddar cheese, grated
- a few black olives or halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- a pinch of dried oregano or mixed herbs
- Preheat oven to 200°C/1Gas Mark 6.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of oil in an oven proof dish, add the garlic, spinach and seasoning and stir well to mix and coat the leaves. Bake for 3 minutes until the leaves have wilted.
- Remove the dish from the oven and take out the spinach leaves.
- Lay your slice of leftover pizza in the dish and top with the spinach leaves. Make a hollow and crack in the British Lion egg.
- Scatter over the cheese, olives, tomatoes, (if using) and herbs and season with black pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until the British Lion egg is set to your liking. Serve hot.
For a recipe to use up leftover spaghetti Bognese, click here