This gently spiced orange cream is perfect with Christmas Pudding, mince pies or even a rich chocolate torte. The liqueur packs a punch and is a lovely treat for the festive season with flavours that are rich and aromatic.
- 250ml Trewithen Dairy double cream
- 50ml orange liqueur
- 1 tbsp mixed candied peel
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 1 clove
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 50g sugar
- Soak your candied peel or crumbled Christmas pudding and zest in orange liqueur or spiced rum for 1-2 hours.
- Warm your cream in a small saucepan on a low heat and infuse with your spices and orange zest for 5-10 minutes. Then stir in the sugar and your boozy soaked fruit. Heat gently and then turn off before reaching boiling point.
- Leave to cool and strain through a fine sieve. Then pour over your Christmas Pudding, orange cake or plum crumble for a gently spiced boozy cream, to celebrate.