- 1 pineapple
- Light brown sugar for dusting
FOR THE CHILLI SALT:
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 limes, zested
- Peel the pineapple and cut into quarters. Cut away the tough central core. Sprinkle each piece with a light coating of brown sugar.
- Place over a medium barbecue heat and grill for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until caramelised and coloured.
- Meanwhile, mix the sugar, salt, chilli and lime zest together.
- To serve, insert a skewer into each piece of pineapple, squeeze over some hot lime juice and sprinkle with a little of the chilli salt mix.
Recipe by Riverford