Prep time: 20mins
Cook time: 25mins
200g Unsalted butter
200g golden caster sugar, plus extra (or, for a really rich treat use Okinawan sugar available from The Wasabi Company)
200g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
6tbsp The Wasabi Company Yuzucello
3tbsp Yuzu juice from The Wasabi Company
For the icing
150g Unsalted butter
400g icing sugar
2tbsp The Wasabi Company Yuzucello
- Preheat the oven to 180°. Grease a deep, square or rectangular baking dish.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fully combined. Add one egg at a time, mixing in between to incorporate each. Add the flour, baking powder, 2tbsp Yuzucello and 2tbsp yuzu juice. Pour the batter into the dish and bake for around 25mins, until a knife comes out clean.
- For the drizzle, combine 2tbsp of sugar with the rest of the Yuzucello and yuzu juice.
- Once slightly cooled, poke holes across the surface of the cake with a skewer or similar and pour the drizzle mixture over.
- For the icing, mix the butter and sugar together until soft. Add the Yuzucello and mix again. Spread a generous layer over the whole cake.
- Cut into squares before serving.