How do you like your eggs in the morning? Served nice and runny with these super pancakes please! The perfect way to power-up your family’s day. The pancakes also freeze well once cooked which makes them a super quick serve in the week. Simply slice into strips and dip away!
- 30g chickpeas
- 30g carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 20g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 30g self-raising flour
- 50ml milk
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Put the chickpeas into a processor and whiz until finely chopped.
- Add the carrot, basil, parmesan, flour, milk and egg. Whiz again until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add heaped spoonfuls of the mixture and fry for 2-3 minutes each side. You will make about 6 small pancakes. Set aside.
- Bring a pan of water up to the boil. Add the eggs and boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes so that they are cooked but runny.
- Remove, place in egg cups and carefully slice the tops off. Slice the pancakes into strips and serve next to the eggs for dunking and dip in.
Recipe by www.egginfo.co.uk