Recipe by Lizi’s
MILK CHOCOLATE, HONEY & APRICOT FLAPJACK
There is something so comforting about a flapjack. This version, packed with seedy, nutty granola, speckled with apricots and topped with a scrumptious layer of milk chocolate will bring everyone to the kitchen for a chat and a slice!
- 100g butter (or margarine)
- 50g sugar (use brown or demerara if you have it)
- 2 tbsp of honey (or golden/maple syrup)
- 300g of Lizi’s Original Granola
- Pinch of salt
- 75g chopped apricots and 50g sultanas (optional), or add a grated apple
- 150g milk chocolate chips or a roughly chopped chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the butter, sugar and honey into a saucepan and melt.
- Put the granola, apricots, and sultanas into a large bowl.
- Pour the melted butter and sugar mixture onto the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Line a tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Scrape the mixture into the tin and press down gently with the back of a spoon.
- Put into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lift carefully out of the oven and leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Melt the chocolate in short bursts in the microwave or a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Once the flapjack is completely cold, spread with the melted chocolate and pop in the fridge to set for about an hour before cutting into fingers.