Recipe by Discover Great Veg
KOREAN SPINACH & RICE BOWL
- 4 tbsp kecap manis (90g)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 250g basmati rice
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 carrots, cut into matchsticks (430g)
- 300g shiitake mushrooms
- 450g bag spinach
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp crispy dried onions (15g)
- Mix together the kecap manis, soy and chilli sauce.
- Cook the rice in boiling water for 10-12 minutes. Drain well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil and fry the carrots for 4-5 minutes until just tender, remove and set aside. Add a further 1 tbsp oil to the pan and fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl, cover with cling film and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes until just wilted.
- Place the rice in the centre of 4 bowls, place the carrots, mushrooms and spinach around the edges in separate piles.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and fry the eggs according to taste. Spoon the sauce over the bowls and top with eggs. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and crispy onions.
Add prawns or cooked chicken for a meaty option or swap the carrots and mushrooms for beansprouts and sliced peppers.