Prep: 20 minutes plus chilling and setting| Cook: 7 minutes| Serves 4-6
5 sheets leaf gelatine
300ml hot vegetable stock
235g jar Cooks&CoSweet Drop Peppers, drained
2 salmon fillets (260g)
100g asparagus tips
260g bag spinach
50ml double cream
125g Roasted Red & Yellow Peppers, halved lengthways
100g cream cheese
- Line 900g loaf tin with clingfilm.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes, squeeze out excess water and stir in the hot stock until dissolved.
- Pour the sweety drop peppers into the prepared tin and pour over 150ml of the stock, allow to cool and set.
- Meanwhile, cook the salmon in boiling water for 5 minutes, cool, remove the skin and flake. Blanch the asparagus in the samewater for 2 minutes remove and cool under cold water, set aside. Place the spinach in a large bowl cover with clingfilm and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes until wilted, cool slightly and squeeze out excess liquid, set aside.
- Mix the salmon with the cream and 75ml stock, season and spoon over the sweety drop layer. Press in the asparagus and then lay the red and yellow peppers on top.
- Place the spinach and cream cheese in a food processor and blitz until smooth, season and add remaining stock, spread over the peppers, cover with clingfilm and chill until completely set, ideally overnight.
- Slice to serve.
Great as a starter or to take on picnics.
Recipe from www.cooksandco.co.uk