375g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
100g unsalted butter, room temp
300g caster sugar
100ml olive oil
2 small preserved lemons, flesh & pips removed and roughly chopped
50g stem ginger, drained
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Thoroughly grease a Bundt tin and tap out with caster sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the plain flour, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a food processor, add the preserved lemon and stem ginger and blitz together until it forms a nearly smooth paste.
- In a stand mixer, add the softened butter and sugar and beat together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Then add the honey, olive oil and preserved lemon ginger puree and beat again. Finally add the dry mix and fold through until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and smooth over the top. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until well risen, golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Garnish with lemon slices and a drizzle of lemon icing.