Sharing plates are fun, hummus is a crowd pleaser and this delicious recipe is spot on if you have guest in the garden this weekend.
- 4-6 Organic Lamb & Mint Sausages
- 400g Tin of chickpeas
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of half a lemon
- 90ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- Big pinch of salt
- Water to loosen
- Black & green olives
- Fresh herbs
- Toasted pine nuts
- Sliced radishes
- Pomegranate seeds
- Extra v. olive oil
1. Add all the hummus ingredients apart from the water to a food processor or blender, blend until combined, and check consistency. I usually add 1-3 tablespoons of water and re-blend until it’s to your liking.
2. Pop the hummus on a plate. Prepare the cold toppings, and adorn the hummus with the pretty garnishes, leaving a space somewhere for the lamb.
3. In a non-stick pan, no oil needed, squeeze out the sausage meat from the skins and brown. Then break up into crumbly chunks.
4. When the lamb is cooked, add to the hummus and add a final flourish of seeds and herbs.
5. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve with crudités and flatbread.
Recipe from www.coombefarmorganic.co.uk