- 125g unsalted cooking spread
- 175g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb of soda
- 150g Smarties
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees / Gas Mark 4 and line 2 large baking trays with baking parchments.
- Beat the spread and sugar together with a hand held electric whisk until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the egg, a little at a time, beating well between each addition, then add the vanilla extract with the last of the egg and fold in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda until fully incorporated then fold in 100g of the Smarties.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the dough onto the prepared baking sheets – you should get 14 cookies out of the dough, but this could be more or less, depending on the size of your scoop. Leave a gap between the cookies as they spread as they cook. Press a few of the remaining Smarties into the top of each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown, leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.