These gooey chocolate brownies are the perfect treat to finish off a relaxing picnic in the sun.
Makes 9 brownies
- 115g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 115g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300g golden caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 140g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas 4.
2. Grease an 18cm square cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
3. Place the butter and chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water until the mixture has melted and stir until smooth. Leave to cool slightly.
4. Stir in the sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, and stir until blended.
5. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and beat until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until the top is evenly coloured.
7. Leave to cool slightly then cut into squares.